UPDATED, July 21, 2022
As offering civil engineering services in California for over 30 years, we’ve had our fair share of experience with designing metal building foundation plans for many different clients. Though we’ve seen just about everything there is to see with conducting this type of metal buildings designs project, we understand that every project is different and will require different techniques in achieving what exactly the client wants and needs.
So, we’re going to share what you need to know about getting metal building foundation plans and how to get started.
The Importance Of Metal Building Foundation Plans And Design
Having a strong metal building foundation is important as it provides support to the exterior metal walls of a metal structure and determines the rest of the planning and construction process. Without careful and articulate planning, a metal foundation can fall weak to deterioration like settling, cracking, and shifting, which can affect the main structure. So, it’s important to secure the foundation design in a way that adheres to your local building code.
Additionally, when purchasing a pre-engineered metal building, it does not come with a metal building foundation plan. Therefore, it’s important to hire a well-experienced engineer to prepare metal building engineered plans for you and ensure that your foundation is engineered accurately and correctly. That way, you can trust your foundation plans for steel building will prevent wind uplift and stay safe and durable throughout time.
Pasquini Engineering, Inc. And Foundation Plans For Steel Buildings
Pasquini Engineering, Inc. associates have the knowledge, experience, and credibility of providing clients with foundation plans for steel building and building materials accurately and in a timely manner.
Let’s go over how our process works:
- Firstly, a client will inquire and receive a Pasquini Engineering, Inc. quote after careful examination. Also, is your site acceptable to your zoning.
- Pasquini Engineering, Inc. will evaluate the design parameters of the metal building plans based on the actual steel building design and structural calculations with thorough analysis and calculation.
- If required, we will survey and grade the site.
- Create a foundation design that’s suitable for the client.
- Conduct structural engineering for the type of foundation.
- Once completed, the Pasquini Engineering, Inc. associate will correspond with the local building office if necessary changes are required.
- Once the building foundation plan has been approved, construction can start.
Things To Consider
There are a few things that one must consider before beginning:
- Since metal buildings tend to be lighter in weight, locations that are prone to experiencing strong winds should pay close attention to the uplift loading on the foundation.
- An evaluation of soil quality, conditions and bearing pressure should be measured.
- A popular option is a gable rigid frame because of its horizontal column reaction on the foundation.
- Going with the cheapest route without the guidance of a professional structural engineer may lead to unstable and unsafe foundation conditions.
Before constructing your ideal metal building, it’s extremely important to make sure the foundation is done well. It’s like the domino effect––without a strong foundation, everything else that follows will weaken and eventually collapse. And we’re here to make sure that doesn’t happen! So, contact us today to make sure your metal building foundation drawings are done safe and right.