As an engineering and design firm that’s been in business for over 30 years, we’ve had our fair share of experience with creating metal building foundation design plans for many different clients. Though we’ve seen just about everything there is to see with conducting this type of project, we understand that every project is different and will require different techniques in achieving what exactly the client wants and needs.
So, we’re going to share what you need to know about getting metal building foundation plans and how to get started.
The Importance Of Metal Building Foundation Plans And Design
Having a strong metal building foundation is important as it provides support to the exterior metal walls of a metal structure and determines the rest of the planning and construction process. Without careful and articulate planning, a metal foundation can fall weak to deterioration like settling, cracking, and shifting, which can affect the main structure. So, it’s important to secure the foundation in a way that adheres to your local building code.
Additionally, when purchasing a pre-engineered metal building, it does not come with a foundation plan. Therefore, it’s important to hire a well-experienced engineer to prepare plans for you and ensure that your foundation is engineered accurately and correctly. That way, you can trust your metal foundation will prevent wind uplift and stay safe and durable throughout time.
Pasquini Engineering, Inc. And Foundation Plans
Pasquini Engineering, Inc. associates have the knowledge, experience, and credibility of providing clients with steel building plans and building materials accurately and in a timely manner.
Let’s go over how our process works:
- Firstly, a client will inquire and receive a Pasquini Engineering, Inc. quote after careful examination. Also, is your site acceptable to your zoning.
- Pasquini Engineering, Inc. will evaluate the design parameters of the metal building plans based on the actual steel building design and structural calculations with thorough analysis and calculation.
- If required, we will survey and grade the site
- Create a foundation design that’s suitable for the client.
- Conduct structural engineering for the type of foundation.
- Once completed, the Pasquini Engineering, Inc. associate will correspond with the local building office if necessary changes are required.
- Once the building foundation plan has been approved, construction can start.
Things To Consider
There are a few things that one must consider before beginning:
- Since metal buildings tend to be lighter in weight, locations that are prone to experiencing strong winds should pay close attention to the uplift loading on the foundation.
- An evaluation of soil quality, conditions and bearing pressure should be measured.
- A popular option is a gable rigid frame because of its horizontal column reaction on the foundation.
- Going with the cheapest route without the guidance of a professional structural engineer may lead to unstable and unsafe foundation conditions.
Before constructing your ideal metal building, it’s extremely important to make sure the foundation is done well. It’s like the domino effect––without a strong foundation, everything else that follows will weaken and eventually collapse. And we’re here to make sure that doesn’t happen! So, contact us today to make sure your metal building foundation drawings are done safe and right.
DISCLAIMER: Pasquini Engineering, Inc. is licensed to work in the following states: California, Oregon, Florida, Arizona, Nevada and Texas. All the information on Pasquini Engineering, Inc. is published for general information purposes only, and will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website. By using our website, you hereby consent to our disclaimer and agree to its terms.